SEO – Search Engine Optimization
The most widely discussed term today in this competitive world of digital marketing. But what is SEO and how to do it?
Understand this first. Content is the king and SEO is a method to write the content which is helpful and useful to the reader. Moving further this is divided into two major categories (on page and off page) seo.
You need to be an expert in understanding these concepts as it will directly affect the ranking of your website. We will try and understand the basics of these.
On Page SEO:
Below mentioned are the important pointers which should be considered.
- Page Titles: Page title is one of the very important factors of the website. Each page on your site should have a unique title and the focus keyword.
- Meta Descriptions: These are equally important as related keywords could be placed here for you to be found in the search results.
- URL structure: Ensure a keyword in the url. It helps the search engine to find you.
- Body Tags: As I had said earlier, content should be user friendly. Break your content into smaller paragraphs and use heading like (H1, H2). Keyword rich headings will always get you better results.
- Keyword Density: Never try to pump in too many keywords into your content. Recommended keyword density is 3%.
Off Page SEO:
There is a great misconception that back linking is all about off page seo. Truly speaking it is far beyond this.
Off page seo means, activities and efforts put outside the boundary of your website. Below mentioned are a few popular ones.
Social book marking
Above mentioned all will form some links to your website and should be done by following certain guide lines. Take some expert advice before any of these are done.